- Federal Government - Opportunities to Enhance the Nation’s Resilience to Climate Change by the Council on Climate Preparedness and Resilience
- State of California/California Natural Resources Agency - Safeguarding California http://resources.ca.gov/climate/safeguarding/
- CDP https://www.cdp.net/en runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts.
- BSR BSR is a global nonprofit that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world.
- Bioneers http://www.bioneers.org/ is an educational organization that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and planet.
- Ceres http://ceres.org/ is a non-profit organization advocating for sustainability leadership. They mobilize a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy.
- Rocky Mountain Institute http://www.rmi.org/ whose mission is to transform global energy use to create a clean, prosperous and secure low carbon future by focusing on unlocking market-based solutions that can be replicated and implemented now.
- New Buildings Institute http://newbuildings.org/ assesses technologies, promote design approaches, and help guide policies and programs that will significantly improve the energy efficiency of commercial buildings. Good resources for NZE buildings.
- SPUR (San Francisco Bay Area Planning and Urban Research Association) http://www.spur.org brings people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems our cities face.
- Carbon Tracker Initiative http://www.carbontracker.org/ provides analysis on the impact of climate change on capital markets and investment in fossil fuels, mapping risk, opportunity and the route to a low-carbon future.
- DivestInvest Philanthropy http://divestinvest.org/philanthropy/ is a platform for institutions that follows the lead of student and community-driven fossil fuel divestment and new energy reinvestment.
- Oil Change International http://priceofoil.org/ is a research, communication, and advocacy organization focused on exposing the true costs of fossil fuels and facilitating the coming transition towards clean energy.
- Alternative Energy Stock http://www.altenergystocks.com/ provides high-quality, original research into alternative energy, renewable energy, and clean technology companies.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) http://www.sasb.org/ whose mission is to develop and disseminate sustainability accounting standards that help public corporations disclose material, decision-useful information to investors.
- Stanford Precourt Institute for Energy https://energy.stanford.edu/
- Pacific Institute http://pacinst.org/ is a global water think tank that provides science-based thought leadership with active outreach to influence local, national and international efforts in developing sustainable water policies.
- William McDonough, innovative architect and author, recently published in the journal Nature a new framework for managing carbon as an asset. Instead of considering carbon as something to eliminate, he recommends improving our designs by thinking about carbon in different ways. http://www.mcdonoughpartners.com/william-mcdonough-offers-new-language-carbon/
- Paul Hawken Drawdown describes a comprehensive set of solutions for attaining a habitable planet with a goal of reversing global warming in 30 years.
- Dr. James Hansen of Columbia University and colleagues have published a new paper with a detailed analysis of how to achieve negative CO2 emissions. https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.05878 He is also supporting a lawsuit being brought by children through Our Children's Trust. Here is a video with his granddaughter Sophie, explaining the lawsuit and its rationale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AzuOLuC9Q&feature=youtu.be
ClimateOne at the Commonwealth Club https://climateone.org/ offers a forum for candid discussion among climate scientists, policymakers, activists, and concerned citizens.
- 350.org https://350.org/ mobilizes climate-focused campaigns, projects and actions in 188 countries. Co-founded by Bill McKibben. Find a Climate March near you on Saturday, April 29, 2017. http://www.theclimatemobilization.org/
- Environmental Working Group http://www.ewg.org empowers people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment and drives consumer choice and civic action with breakthrough research.
- Story of Stuff http://www.storyofstuff.org its San Francisco Bay Area based team inspires and encourages the civic engagement of more than 1 million people by inviting them to share their movies, participate in their study programs and take part in campaigns on the environmental and social issues.