Sustainable Electricity: Case Studies from Electric Power Companies in North America, Vol. I, Editor, Ed. Jessica Fox, Springer 2016
Half-Earth: Our Planet's Fight for Life, E.O. Wilson, W.W. Norton & Co., 2016
Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teaching of Plants, Robin Wall Kimmerer, Milkweed Editions, 2013, 2015
Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming, Ed. Paul Hawken, 2017
Street Fight: Handbook for an Urban Revolution, Janette Sadik-Khan and Seth Solomonow, Viking, 2016
Enviromedics: The Impact of Climate Change on Human Health, Jay Lemery, MD and Paul Auerbach, MD, Roman and Littlefield,2017
- Merchants of Doubt by Naomi Oreskes, Bloomsbury, 2011 Merchants of Doubt,
- The Water will Come: Rising Seas, Sinking Cities, and the Remaking of the Civilized World, Jeff Goodall, Little Brown, 2017 The Water Will Come
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World Flatiron Books, 2018 Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World – and Why Things Are Better Than You Think, by Hans Rosling, Ola Rosling, Anna Rosling Rönnlund
- Laudato Si by Pope Francis, May, 2015 Laudato Si
- Thank You for Being Late: An Optimists Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations, Thomas Friedman, Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2016 Thank You for Being Late: An Optimists Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations
- Thinking in Systems by Donella Meadows, edited by Diana Wright, Chelsea Green, 2008 Thinking in Systems
- Selected Poems of Rainer Maria Rilke, translated by Robert Bly, Harper Perennial, 1981 Selected Poems of Rainer Maria Rilke
- Federal Government - Opportunities to Enhance the Nation’s Resilience to Climate Change by the Council on Climate Preparedness and Resilience
- State of California/California Natural Resources Agency - Safeguarding California http://resources.ca.gov/climate/safeguarding/
- CDP https://www.cdp.net/en runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts.
- BSR BSR is a global nonprofit that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world.
- Bioneers http://www.bioneers.org/ is an educational organization that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and planet.
- Ceres http://ceres.org/ is a non-profit organization advocating for sustainability leadership. They mobilize a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy.
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/ Their mission is to accelerate the transition to a circular economy. They work with business, government and academia to build a framework for an economy that is restorative and regenerative by design.
- New Buildings Institute http://newbuildings.org/ assesses technologies, promote design approaches, and help guide policies and programs that will significantly improve the energy efficiency of commercial buildings. Good resources for NZE buildings.
- Rocky Mountain Institute http://www.rmi.org/ whose mission is to transform global energy use to create a clean, prosperous and secure low carbon future by focusing on unlocking market-based solutions that can be replicated and implemented now.
- SPUR (San Francisco Bay Area Planning and Urban Research Association) http://www.spur.org brings people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems our cities face.
- Carbon Tracker Initiative http://www.carbontracker.org/ provides analysis on the impact of climate change on capital markets and investment in fossil fuels, mapping risk, opportunity and the route to a low-carbon future.
- DivestInvest Philanthropy http://divestinvest.org/philanthropy/ is a platform for institutions that follows the lead of student and community-driven fossil fuel divestment and new energy reinvestment.
- Oil Change International http://priceofoil.org/ is a research, communication, and advocacy organization focused on exposing the true costs of fossil fuels and facilitating the coming transition towards clean energy.
- Alternative Energy Stock http://www.altenergystocks.com/ provides high-quality, original research into alternative energy, renewable energy, and clean technology companies.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) http://www.sasb.org/ whose mission is to develop and disseminate sustainability accounting standards that help public corporations disclose material, decision-useful information to investors.
- Benyus, Janine, Biomimicry Institute
Janine is a biologist, author, innovation consultant, and self proclaimed “nature nerd.” She may not have coined the term biomimicry, but she certainly popularized it in her 1997 book Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature. She is also the co-founder of the world’s first bio-inspired consultancy, Biomimicry 3.8, bringing nature’s sustainable designs to 250+ clients including Boeing, Colgate-Palmolive, Nike, General Electric, Herman Miller, HOK architects, IDEO, Interface, Natura, Procter and Gamble, Levi’s, Kohler, and General Mills.
- Fiekowsky, Peter of the Healthy Climate Alliance is working towards a 300 PPM world.
300x2050 Climate Restoration Foundation
- Dr. Hansen, James of Columbia University and colleagues have published a new paper with a detailed analysis of how to achieve negative CO2 emissions. https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.05878 He is also supporting a lawsuit being brought by children through Our Children's Trust. Here is a video with his granddaughter Sophie, explaining the lawsuit and its rationale.
- Hawken, Paul, Drawdown describes a comprehensive set of solutions for attaining a habitable planet with a goal of reversing global warming in 30 years.
Lovins, Hunter, Natural Capitalism Solutions https://natcapsolutions.org/
L. Hunter Lovins is the President and Founder of Natural Capitalism Solutions(NCS). She is a champion of sustainable development in many domains. She believes that citizens, communities and companies, working together within the market context, are the most dynamic problem-solving force on the planet. She builds teams that create and implement practical and affordable solutions that will create a sustainable future.
Hunter has co‐authored fifteen books and hundreds of articles, and was featured in the award‐winning film, Lovins On the Soft Path. Her best‐known book, Natural Capitalism is summarized in Harvard Business Review. Its sequel, The Way Out: Kickstarting Capitalism To Save Our Economic Ass, won the Atlas Award. Her latest, Creating a Lean and Green Business System also won the Shingo Prize. Watch for her forthcoming book, A Finer Future.
McDonough, William, innovative architect and author, recently published in the journal Nature a new framework for managing carbon as an asset. Instead of considering carbon as something to eliminate, he recommends improving our designs by thinking about carbon in different ways. http://www.mcdonoughpartners.com/william-mcdonough-offers-new-language-carbon/
ClimateOne at the Commonwealth Club https://climateone.org/ offers a forum for candid discussion among climate scientists, policymakers, activists, and concerned citizens.
Yes! Journalism for People Building a Better World yesmagazine.org positive stories of action for community resilience and planetary restoration.
- Koyaanisqatsi, Directed by Godfrey Reggio, 1982Movie to make you open your view of the world
- 350.org https://350.org/ mobilizes climate-focused campaigns, projects and actions in 188 countries. Co-founded by Bill McKibben. Find a Climate March near you on Saturday, April 29, 2017. http://www.theclimatemobilization.org/
- Environmental Working Group http://www.ewg.org empowers people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment and drives consumer choice and civic action with breakthrough research.
- Story of Stuff http://www.storyofstuff.org its San Francisco Bay Area based team inspires and encourages the civic engagement of more than 1 million people by inviting them to share their movies, participate in their study programs and take part in campaigns on the environmental and social issues.